Using 'if' conditions in gradebook

More
10 years 5 months ago #3891 by Smiffy
Using 'if' conditions in gradebook was created by Smiffy
Hi, I am setting up my gradebook and have an imported column of data which represents a student's target grade at the end of the year. I would like ideally to be able to compare a current grade column and this target grade column and calculate \ report whether the student is currently working below, on or above target. All grades are text based (a British levels and sub-levels system of 3a, 3b, 3c, 4a, 4b, 4c etc) but I have managed to work out a percentage value for each of these so that calculations can be done on them (e.g. average grade over an multi-part project). What I haven't worked out is whether I can make such an 'if' comparison. Can it be done?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #3895 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Using 'if' conditions in gradebook
Give this template a try, use the 'Open In' iDoceo
Password is 1111
Attachments:

More
10 years 5 months ago #3949 by Smiffy
Replied by Smiffy on topic Using 'if' conditions in gradebook
Marvellous! Thank you so much! I have tried this with my British levelling system and I have been able to get it to work successfully. This is a very powerful feature for my school where understanding whether targets are being met is an important focus. Thanks.

More
9 years 9 months ago #4618 by Emilie
Replied by Emilie on topic Using 'if' conditions in gradebook
Hello there!
I'm picking this thread up as I think it's a great feature I didn't know about. I downloaded the file but it doesn't seem to work for me as it is. I am not sure if it is because I removed some of the gradebooks templates or not but it automatically select one that I have created and as a result, my first 2 cells of the calculation are empty, the last one shows a 'b' in a red cell which I assume is correct.
Is there any chance you could explain how to 'make' the formulae for the grade?
Thank you!

More
9 years 9 months ago #4619 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Using 'if' conditions in gradebook
Hello Emilie,
Our next version, iDoceo 3.1 will have a new calculation called 'Calculation - comparison' which will work right out of the box.
You'll be able to compare two columns (i.e. result/target), a column against the average, median or a specific value.
The template on this thread was offered as a work-around until we developed a better solution. I think it will be more productive for you to wait until the update is ready! It will only take about 10 more days.
You'll find here the full list of new features

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emilie

More
9 years 9 months ago #4624 by Emilie
Replied by Emilie on topic Using 'if' conditions in gradebook
Merci beaucoup! Maintenant, j'ai vraiment hâte! :)