Students Duplicating

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #4122 by Sperry
Students Duplicating was created by Sperry
Hi,

I was attempting to update a class list I have with new pupils and also new columns as there were many changes it was easier for me to do it in excel. I saved the updated file as a CSV to import in to the existing class on idoceo and selected the option to append (or whatever the menu says). It successfully added a new tab to the gradebook called 'imported' with all the updated information on but it seems to have now duplicated each childs entry into the gradebook (see attached photo) the pupis with no photo are from the new excel file, the ones with a photo are the originals.

Any ideas how i can just update a gradebook page with an updated excel sheet or know where i am going wrong?

Cheers
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bert. Reason: Seen the image. Erasing it because of names

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #4125 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Students Duplicating
Hello Sperry,
Let me try to reproduce it on our side, but this seems like a bug in the current version.
I'll keep you posted on our progress.

More
10 years 2 months ago #4290 by Sperry
Replied by Sperry on topic Students Duplicating
Thanks Bert, it is annoying as when a pupil changes class I cannot just add a new row in the csv and upload a whole new class is created and the last class deleted. This results a loss of the I doceo added data

More
10 years 1 month ago #4370 by Sperry
Replied by Sperry on topic Students Duplicating
hey Bert,

Did you manage to get a look at the files and see what the issues were?

More
10 years 1 month ago #4378 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Students Duplicating
Hi Sperry,
We were to reproduce the issue, but I'm afraid I can't provide a workaround in the current version. Our next update will have this issue solved. It will take some time though, working on it