What is an editor in iDoceoThe editor defines what you'll see upon a double tap on a cell.
It decides how you will work with that particular column and how you will input information.
The editor has no effect in the grade book calculations.
- Text: A simple text editor with 4 lines on sight. If you are typing the same observations over and over, you should consider using the textDrop tool instead. For long texts, using annotations may be more appropriate
- Custom editors: Will let you choose from a selection of icons, explained here
- Text with icons : You'll be able to insert text plus a selection of four icons. This editor is always available with a tap&hold on a cell
- Grade Selector: Will let you choose from a list of grades. Its content is based on the selected Grade Type. In our image the grade type is set to 'From A to F' but it will work with numbers as well.
- Numeric keypad : A specific keypad for numbers. Direct access to icons (star button) and annotations (bubble button) as well
- Color: A simple color picker. This editor is also available with a tap&hold on a cell > Brush
- Quick Attendance check: Will toggle between a green check a red cross with a double tap. Late icon available with a tap&hold. The details explained here Taking attendance
- Counters: Adds +1 or -1 on double tap . With tap&hold you can add the reverse -1 or +1
- Quick counter. Easily add 1 or -1
Anatomy of an editor
Drag&drop numbers with the calculator