What is an editor in iDoceoThe editor defines what you'll see upon a double tap on a cell.
It decides how you will work with that particular column and how you will input information.
The editor has no effect in the grade book calculations.
- Automatic cell editor
The automatic cell editor adjust itself to the grade type of each column.
This is the default editor and the recommended one. See below how it works:
- Text: A simple text editor with 4 lines on sight. If you are typing the same observations over and over, you should consider using the textDrop tool instead. For long texts, using annotations may be more appropriate
- Custom editors: Will let you choose from a selection of icons, explained here
- Text with icons : You'll be able to insert text plus a selection of four icons. This editor is always available with a tap&hold on a cell
- Grade Selector: Will let you choose from a list of grades. Its content is based on the selected Grade Type. In our image the grade type is set to 'From A to F' but it will work with numbers as well.
- Numeric keypad : A specific keypad for numbers. Direct access to icons (star button) and annotations (bubble button) as well
- Timer Cronometer:This editor allows to take crono times in real time , the cronos can be operated individualy for each student
- Quick Attendance check: Will toggle between a green check a red cross with a double tap. Late icon available with a tap&hold. The details explained here Taking attendance
- Counters: Adds +1 or -1 on double tap . With tap&hold you can add the reverse -1 or +1
- Quick counter. Easily add 1 or -1
- Color Selector: This editor allows to select a color for each cell, cells can containt text or just be empty
More about editors :The button Direction allows to select in what direction the editor box will move to the next cell, the button Annotations allows to add annotations in each cell
Drag&drop numbers with the calculator