Importing CSV file

More
10 years 7 months ago #3540 by BethJahn
Importing CSV file was created by BethJahn
I created a CSV file of one of my classes and added it to my dropbox. I went into my dropbox, opened the file, and then chose open in iDoceo. It said it imported. When I went to the gradebook view, all the data is in the green starred tab. But, when I click on a student and their data "card" comes up, the only data there is their name. The other fields are blank. Did I do something wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #3543 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Importing CSV file
Hi BethJahn,
For columns in your CSV to be imported as personal data instead of gradebook data, the column headers must have a ! (admiration mark) or an @ (at sign) in front of its title.
You'll find the details here
but the recognized fields are these : !e-mail , !mother , !father , !birthday !address , !phone , !parentemail and !group
Any other field with the ! in front will create your own personal field in the student data sheet
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by bert.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BethJahn

More
10 years 7 months ago #3544 by BethJahn
Replied by BethJahn on topic Importing CSV file
I knew I'd messed it up somehow. At least it is an easy fix. Thanks, again for your help. Is answering questions on this forum your full time job or are you just a helpful, fellow user? :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #3546 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Importing CSV file
Part time job in all between developing the app, answering questions in the forum, e-mail , tweeting and keeping the web up to date :) I'm failing on this last one though!
Once the upcoming 3.0 update is ready, I'll focus on it and some long awaited video tutorials too. Meanwhile, just ask . You might have to bear with some occasional delay on some answers ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: iaincmac