Lesson planner requested

More
11 years 2 months ago #2602 by Jerome
Lesson planner requested was created by Jerome
Hi, I have been trying a lot of teacher apps lately and like yours the best.
I especially enjoyed the great looks, the timetable and the grade-book.

But what I miss is a lesson planner. To me, that's THE most crucial functionality of a teacher app.
My lesson plan (at the moment typed in Word) is something I look at every lesson. It tells me the number of lessons in a course year, what subjects I teach, what the plan is for a particular lesson is, and what the homework will be. This is something I would not like to enter in a regular diary, because that wouldn't give me an overview. Besides: why should I re-enter information that will be more or less the same every course year? To be honest, I do not need the diary at all.
It would be great if iDoceo would incorporate this, so that I wouldn't have to open several apps in a lesson - no time for that!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2603 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Lesson planner requested
Welcome to iDoceo Jerome,
We'll have that lesson planner!
We focused this time in the diary, because it lacked some essential features (the year view is still missing) , but we will keep improving in following updates.
If you miss anything else ,let us know!

Thanks for contacting us

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #2609 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Lesson planner requested
Hi Bert, that's great news! And thanks for the quick reply.
I understand that you cannot do everything in one update.

Yes, I do have some other wishes/suggestions.
  • The icons are great. I assign them to my students. They appear in the student data-field. But when I use 'tools' in the menu to copy students to another group, the icons are lost. It's a drag to reassign all these icons again. So I wish these icons would be transferable.
  • [/li][/li]
  • As a music teacher, I was pleasantly surprised to see icons for (some) musical instruments. Assigning these, I can instantly see what a student is playing. But some students play instruments that are not on the list. It would be great to have icons for electric bass, upright bass, flute, clarinet, accordion, harmonica, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone and trombone. (If I'm asking too much, just some of these would be nice too).
  • In the classroom, I need to be able to see the first names of the students quickly. I wish that I could make them red and bold, so that they would stand out in the list.

Thank you for your time.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Jerome.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2613 by bert
Welcome back Jerome,

student icons missing upon copy

You're absolutely right, we missed that one. Noted

music icons

We'll do our best! It is kind of difficult to appreciate some differences in that scale, but we'll see what we can do. We've got a nice Fender Mustang Bass at home and nobody (not musicians of course) notices the huge four strings...

classroom

Additional customization of that is on its way.Noted!

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #2855 by Akay@sbhs.co.uk
Replied by Akay@sbhs.co.uk on topic Lesson planner requested
Hi there Bert, great product, I am loving it and will be sharing with my staff at school too!

I am in a similar boat to Jerome though, in that I am using a separate planner (in pages) and am in desperate need of some form of planner in idoceo. I have tried using the diary but it just doesn't work as a planner should.

Do you have an idea how long it will be before you implement a planner? If it isn't going to be long them I will stop trying to find a work around :)

Thanks

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #2856 by bert
Thanks for contacting us!
We're working nonstop for iDoceo 3.0 in which we'll improve and add new features in every aspect of the app. It will take some time though, and I can't really give approx release dates at the moment... any estimate would be plain wrong at this development stage.... we'll post updates on @idoceo as soon as possible.
Our team is committed to the cause, and our release cycles tend to be pretty fast according to industry standards, but from the users (and school terms) perspective a 3 months release cycle might seem an awful lot of time!
In all our deployment cycles there is always a first period for user requests, then comes the major planning/development phase, and after that (Alpha version) we do some closed Beta tests before the final release.
If you'd like to join us in Beta testing, you'll have that planner sooner, and you'll be able to review and improve it before it hits the store!

Kind regards,

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #2857 by Akay@sbhs.co.uk
Replied by Akay@sbhs.co.uk on topic Lesson planner requested
I'm very interested in beta testing, let me know and I will happily get involved!

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #2860 by bert
Thanks a lot!
When you have a chance, please send me your device's UDID number to support@idoceo.net
This is a unique number that allows us to send beta versions to authorized iPads
without having to download it from the App Store.
You can obtain this number downloading an app called UDID+ from the store.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #2861 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Lesson planner requested
Hello again Bert! Can I also join the beta testing?

Another thing: if you need a translation to Dutch I can be of help.

• Dave
11 years 3 weeks ago #2862 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Lesson planner requested
Oooooh. Could I also please get involved in beta testing? I'm very excited about the next release!