This list of features is from an old version of iDoceo, tap on Home to browse the latest new features!
- Improved interface and navigation between classes and views.
- You can now change iDoceo’s main screen theme or individually for each class (three dots button)
- QuickSwitch feature. Open another class directly from the grade book view, diary, planner, pinboard or seating plan.
- Improved text edition: More colors, indentation, create bulleted lists
- New color palette. four configurable color pickers.
- New e-mail option: Send to absent/present students today
- iDoceo’s backup now supports iCloud Drive and iCloud (iOS7 and iOS8)
- Grade types have now a ‘passing grade’ value. Used in some summary features and column stats
- Backups can now be stored virtually anywhere with the ‘Backup to other locations’ option. (Requires iOS8 extensions)
- Templates will now include Diary,Notes, Resources, Grade types, Student summary configuration, Column favourites, Seating plans ...
- Import RTF files with student photos. File should be generated by your school's MIS system
- Add handwritten notes anywhere: in the Diary,Planner,Cells,Students,Classes or Pin board.
- Add signatures, timestamped and watermarked
- Save files into iDoceo from iCloud Drive/Google Drive/Box/One Drive or any other app with available extensions (iOS8)
- Export any resource to iCloud Drive/Dropbox/Google Drive/Box, etc. from iDoceo. (iOS8)
- Improved audio recording, new pause recording button.
- Directly paste images or URLS as resources in the planner and diary. Tap and hold as if it were text > Paste
- Organize your classes in folders
- Create stand-alone notepads with text or handwritten notes
- Configure the available menu options to show only those you need to see on a daily basis
- Change the font size of the planner on screen and on PDF
- You can now add notes and resources on empty slots (i.e. without classes but with a location)
- The calendar's day color is now shown on top
- Improved copy features with an easy-to-follow wizard
- New wizard to manually copy day,weeks and cycles
- New copy mode: 2 weeks
- Improved column configuration
- Improved calculations configuration
- Lock/Unlock columns individually. This will disable its edition and deletion
- Column summary: grade distribution graph and all statistics in one view (Column header > Summary)
- New attendance summary on a column. (Column header > Summary)
- Assign simple numeric grades to a column without requiring a new grade type (Column > Grade type > Max)
- Unlimited number of rows and columns.
- Larger cells allowed, both in width&height
- Choose student thumbnail mode: none/square/round
- New freeze columns option. Keep a selection of columns always on sight next to the students names. (Tools > Columns > Drag&drop)
- Quickly add any kind of resource to a cell/header with a tap and hold.
- Improved students filter: By name, group(s), absent/Present or column value/condition.
- Configure which personal fields to show under/instead the students names (i.e. group, id, e-mail, preferred name, date of birth, etc.) (ellipsis button)
- New personal field: web/URL on each student. Tap and hold from the grade book view to open in browser
- New iconDrop tool. Quickly drag&drop icons to any cell
- New textDrop tool. Quickly drag&drop preconfigured texts. Organise them in unlimited groups&subgroups.
- New editor: Fraction. Will let you type score / max score in any cell.
- Add timestamp to cell annotations with a click
- Tools>Quick Lock button to trigger the password protection screen, if any
- Easily hide a student from all tabs at once. Tap and hold on student
- More icons.
- Improved all editors: numeric keypad, text editor, text/icons, grade selector, etc.
- Improved edit direction control, embedded into editor + up direction
- Favourite columns list. Create predefined column configurations (including a predefined value and icons) and add them to your gradebook with a couple of clicks
- Random picker option has been added to the gradebook (long tap on students roster header)
- Add Excel-like mathematical formulas. Mix columns from any tab, functions, other calculations, constants and conditions
- New grade type ‘Grade conversion’. Will let you convert any grade into another within the cell. Scores into percents, seconds and minutes into a grade, scores into text and any other non-linear configurations
- Improved addition: default empty cell value
- Improved coefficients with half points
- Improved column selection and configuration
- Add legend of icons. Show a selection of icons and its description.
- Add thumbnails of images,handwritten notes, URLs and their description if any.
- Add class’ average/median/etc to each column. The type of calculation depends on the grade book.
- Improved PDF reader. Add bookmarks, view and select page thumbnails, keep track of last page
- Tool: Go to resource, directly browse and go to a particular resource
- Tool: View resource properties and change its name
- Tool: E-mail to students. All/Absent/Present
New text based notepad per class (or created individually from the main screen)
- Add text notes, timestamped, with icon, and resources.
- Create global text notes, shown in all classes at once
- Copy or move text notes and its resources to other classes
- Create a PDF report, select periods, include images and URLs
New handwritten notepad per class (or created individually from the main screen)
- Create unlimited pages
- Change the order of your pages
- Easily duplicate pages
- Export individual pages to the rest of iDoceo (diary,cells,students,etc)
- Choose between different sheet models (each page can be different): squared, lined, graph, music sheet, etc.
- Create full PDF report of all - or a selection - pages
New summary view (dashboard widgets)
- Widget: Recent resources. A list of the last files added to a class. Tap to open on gallery
- Widget: Recent Attendance summary, pie chart
- Widget: Recent Attendance summary, bar chart
- Widget: Current day attendance summary
- Widget: Search. Look for text in students, personal details, diary, notes, resources and cell annotations
- Widget: Grade distribution
- Widget: Random student picker
- Widget: Upcoming birthdays
- Widget: Famous birthdays
- Widget: Last bulletin board notes
- Widget: Stopwatches and timers
- Widget: Today&Tommorrow's events
- Widget: Passing/Non-passing students stats for a given column
- Improved column edition and selection. Change tabs within the seating plan.
- Add any kind of resource as a column annotation with a tap and hold.
- New mode on seating plan: Circular photo with configurable text colour
- Badge mode now allows personal fields along grade book columns. Improved column selection
- Improved zoom in&out
- Name in photos can now be replaced by any other personal field
- Text size on badge can now be set automatically/manually
- Add an always visible text note to each seating plan (included in the report)
- Improved seating plan report with legend of icons, date, title and seating plan name if any
- New automatic group generator: Create Horizontal, Vertical and Circular groups of any number of students
- New iconDrop tool
- Choose between the classic plan size or a larger plan (Settings > Seating plan > 2500x2500)
- New resource manager. Easily copy&move resources around.
- New preview option on all PDF/XLS and CSV reports
- Reports can now be stored in the cloud (iOS8)
- XLS export will now include the numeric value of icons, if any
- New report: Export resources. Will create a ZIP with all the resources attached to a grade book organized in folders (students/tabs/columns).