Skip empty cells question

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #323 by xfifteen
Skip empty cells question was created by xfifteen
Hi, I have a question about the app and the skipping cells-function.

I have 4 grades and was able to calculate everything correctly:

In the TOTAAL EXAMEN-column, I set the following weights:

But the problem is that one student was sick on one of the tests (see empty cell on the first screenshot)... Therefore his grade (41.7) is incorrect.

I thought I would be able to solve the problem by setting the calculation on "Skip empty cells", but then everything turns into AUTO:

So my question is: how can I solve my problem? Even if I would calculate it manually, I can't change the "41.70" into the correct grade, nor can I just erase the grade for that student.

Thank you very much for your reply!
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by xfifteen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #326 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Re: Skip empty cells question
Hi xfifteen,
In our current version, when you use the skip empty cell option , it changes each weight to 'auto' to be able to calculate the result as a simple average with a column or columns missing.

In this particular case, if 'Examen Theorie' is missing, what would be the weight for the rest of the columns? This 15.38 would be spread equally on the rest of the columns so that it is a 100%? If you give me some info on that, we can try to improve the skip empty cell feature on our next release, we're working a lot on it and there is still some time for new requests.

About erasing that grade or modifying it manually, it is not possible at the moment, but you could set the cell in red (tap&hold on the cell, then color ) to know something is wrong with it and add an Annotation with the right result.

Thanks for contacting us and for that detailed explanation with images, it really helps a lot when replying .
Regards,

More
11 years 9 months ago #330 by xfifteen
Replied by xfifteen on topic Re: Skip empty cells question
Hi Bert!

Thank you for your reply!
Well, yes, all the columns would then be spread to make it 100 % again:
the current total (41.70) is over /55 instead of /65, so normally what should happen is: (41.70/55)*65 to get the right grade.

I hope I'm clear enough :p
This is the only thing I'm having a 'problem' with, as I'm used to TeacherPal which does it (but iDoceo has much more features). I don't know if you'd look at that app?

Thank you once again: I will use the annotation for now :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #331 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Re: Skip empty cells question
Got it xfifteen,
I've just added your request for the next release, I'm sure everyone will find it useful.
As for the other apps, we mainly rely on our users feedback who probably have experience with different tools on different platforms and have real insight on the daily use, it helps us to keep fresh on our next improvements. I know it might sound silly in this competitive 'I'll borrow your idea' field... but please keep them coming! We really listen to our users.
Thanks