Week aware and show/hide columns

• Omoroi
11 years 3 months ago #2314 by Omoroi
Week aware and show/hide columns was created by Omoroi
I really like the way we can display in the schedule/ diary view, just those days of the week that we want.
I like this so my diary only shows me the days I teach the chosen class, very nice.
Problem is with a two week schedule, it doesn't know which week it is so with a class that is MonTueFri then Wed Thu I would need to have all the days visible.

Any resolution to this is going to be a matter of setting up, but I would be very happy to put that effort in at the start of the year to link week 1 etc with a particular date, so that iDoceo becomes week aware.

Also it would be great if I could click on the class in blackboard view and go straight to today in diary view.

Last thing grade book view - is there some way for me to quickly select a few columns and show or hide them. AND/or prevent the selected columns from sliding I.e. lock in place, not lock for editing?

Much appreciated, really looking forward to 2.5!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #2315 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Week aware and show/hide columns
Hi Omoroi,
It is in our roadmap to add some kind of calendar/diary configuration to match the different schedules but because it creates an additional level of complexity ,and some users have rotating schedules it will take some time to implement it properly... noted though.

About the blackboard/diary link , we'll try to add this as an option in this upcoming release. I guess you know already about the 'clock' button in the toolbar, that will change the diary to today's date.

The hide/show feature in columns will be a bit tricky. As an alternative, you'll have what we'll call 'summary columns' , a column that is represented along different tabs. You can select the 'important' ones and mirror them to a different tab, while keeping the 'unimportant' hidden in the original tab

Regards

• Omoroi
11 years 3 months ago #2318 by Omoroi
Replied by Omoroi on topic Week aware and show/hide columns
Thanks Bert
workaround with the summary columns sounds good

Understand abut the complexity, very hard to find a good implementation of week-savvy software

Yep got the today clock thanks, was just going for a single click, maybe a preference setting would be possible? Depends on the way people work, I would tend to class- diary- grade book , just icing on the cake though, not a biggie

Thanks again for the software and the reply