Cannot edit cells in new column

More
11 years 5 months ago #2206 by yindee
Cannot edit cells in new column was created by yindee
I have noted that in many (but not all) cases when I create a new column, to contain the grades I have given for an assignment, I am unable to edit the cells next to student names because the edit option dose not appear after a long press to bring up the menu. When the menu appears, the only options I see are, color, erase, copy and annotations. However i can see the edit option in some of the cells i have created. i also note that if i double tap the cells in the new column, the extra quick attendance options appear. I have double checked and the new columns i have created are not attendance columns.

How can I fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #2207 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Cannot edit cells in new column
Hi yindee,
Its a bit weird, but you should take a look at (System) Settings/iDoceo and disable the 'New column inherits properties' setting. This will force new columns as Text/Icons and you will avoid this problem for sure. Noted though to check it for our next update.

Regards,

PS:If anyone else is experiencing this very same issue and can provide some step by step to reproduce it, we'll be able to track it down.

More
11 years 5 months ago #2212 by yindee
Replied by yindee on topic Cannot edit cells in new column
Thanks for your quick response. After disabling the New column inherits properties' setting it seems to working the way it should now.

More
11 years 5 months ago #2213 by yindee
Replied by yindee on topic Cannot edit cells in new column
By the way it appeared that the only time this happened was when I created a new column adjacent to an existing extra quick attendance check. However, it seems to be fixed now