2 iPads 1 Dropbox

More
8 years 10 months ago #5552 by Balsamatic
2 iPads 1 Dropbox was created by Balsamatic
If I want to use my personal iPad at home and the one the school gave me at school will I be able to just save changes made on one iPad to Dropbox and have those changes show in the other iPad? Any risk of loosing data? I didn't want to try it first without asking. Thanks. Love 4.0! :woohoo: Locking columns, Icon and Text Drop are the best!
Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #5553 by bert
Replied by bert on topic 2 iPads 1 Dropbox
Thanks Richard, glad you liked our version 4! Please do not forget to rate in the app store, we are a bit short on ratings and it is very important for us.

You can work with two iPads but data will not sync automatically between devices and it may be cumbersome to keep backing up when you leave school and home.

The process would be as follows:

You'd have to backup at school (the quick backup would do) and then you would have to restore at home.

If you make any changes at home you would have to do the opposite, a quick backup at home and restoring at school.

You will not lose data with this. The only situation you would have to avoid is making changes at home and school 'at the same time'. The latest backup will prevail over the other.

Regards

More
8 years 10 months ago #5554 by Balsamatic
Replied by Balsamatic on topic 2 iPads 1 Dropbox
Thanks Bert that's what I thought. I'd maybe use it only occasionally then. Planning to leave a iDoceo review soon. Great work.
Thanks.