Diary link for daily planner

More
10 years 9 months ago #3265 by Moo3283
Diary link for daily planner was created by Moo3283
Hi iDoceo,

Fantastic app. We are 3 Geography teachers who have just bought the app and have it up and running. Just 2 questions:

1. The diary doesn't seem to work like we would want it to, and I wondered if you could clarify for us. When I go in to the class, I press the diary (on day per view)- Firstly it doesn't always necessarily open on the current day which it should do.

Next I would like to see a view of the class I have for that day according to my timetable. It doesn't do that - All I see is a list of classes. It doesn't seem to relate to that day at all (see attached - I don't have any of those classes on that day and today is Tuesday.).

If I am doing this wrong could you help me? If not....is there any way you could add this option? It is the very last link for us to be able to go completely digital and throw the markbook/diary away.

2. Are you planning on installing a simple graph option for basic data? i.e. how a pupil has performed over the year so far. Or for a GCSE pupils 2 year performance.

I know these questions have both been asked before - but the threads are several months old and I'm not sure if they will be replied to.

Kind regards,

Nathan Moorby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #3266 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Diary link for daily planner
Welcome to iDoceo Nathan,

Regarding your first question : In the current version, the app keeps track of the last date you selected in any diary and opens that same date when you go back to it from any class. You have a small clock icon on the top bar to go directly to today or any other date with a couple of taps.
This proved unuseful, you're not the first to ask, and we'll change it for the more conventional 'current day' selection.
We're finishing our next major update, iDoceo 3.0 which will soon be ready and it will include this feature along with your next request, having the diary linked to the timetable (you're not doing it wrong).
There will be a brand new timetable , a calendar, and a new planner view showing all your classes and diary details for any given week.
About point 2, it is a long awaited feature, and it was actually scheduled for this 3.0 but it had to be delayed for the following update as we had to work on some major changes for iOS7 and we ran out of time. Work in progress!

Kind regards

• Nathan Moorby
10 years 9 months ago #3269 by Nathan Moorby
Replied by Nathan Moorby on topic Diary link for daily planner
Bert,

Thanks for your very prompt and detailed response. We will look forward to the update!

Lastly, do you have any rough idea of timescale? It would be great if we could have it for the new academic year in the first week of Sept.

Nathan

More
10 years 9 months ago #3271 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Diary link for daily planner
Sure Nathan, it will be released in August.
Can't be more specific with dates as there is always an important time spent in Beta testing and we depend on how happy our testers are with the final release.