Transferring to another iPad?

More
10 years 7 months ago #3704 by BethJahn
Transferring to another iPad? was created by BethJahn
I've convinced our PE teacher that iDoceo will change her life. :) We downloaded the app to her iPad. She has exactly the same classes I do with the same students. I've done a lot of work getting all 362 of them and their pictures and data into the app. I have that info backed up to my Dropbox. If I were to open that back up file on her iPad, would it just bring in a duplicate of everything I've done into her app? If so, how do I go about doing that? I looked on the How To files and it says to go to settings on the chalkboard screen and choose restore. I don't see the restore option when I go into settings from the main screen. Did it move somewhere with the upgrade?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3705 by BethJahn
Replied by BethJahn on topic Transferring to another iPad?
Whoops. Posted this in the wrong area of the forum. Sorry.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #3709 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Transferring to another iPad?
Hi Beth,
The restore function can now be found on the main screen / settings / Dropbox (or any other method you used for that backup).
You may want to manually transfer you backupr (stored in Apps/iDoceo ) into his account so that when restoring, she'll find that file on his side.

However, this will replace absolutely everything in your colleague's iPad with your current configuration and data, which I guess it is exactly what you need now. But this won't be of any use in the future, once she has done some customisation on his side.

So, my advise would be, use for now the restore function. But think of sharing templates in the future, if you'd like to share some specifics of your gradebook without having to restore a full backup.
Hope this makes sense! Moving the topic.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by bert. Reason: gender change operation :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BethJahn

More
10 years 7 months ago #3722 by BethJahn
Replied by BethJahn on topic Transferring to another iPad?
Makes sense and it worked! She is so thrilled not to have to enter all the info herself. We will be sharing templates too. Thanks for the advice.