Percentages - Possible?

More
10 years 7 months ago #3740 by Brett Huckstep
Percentages - Possible? was created by Brett Huckstep
Hi Bert,

First off a big thanks on the 3.0 update, there's a wealth of great new features here. Including that planner I asked about a while back - now I've got my head around the periods it's proving extremely useful! It would be great to manually name these periods though e.g for Registration, break, lunch. etc so that the iDoceo periods correspond to my timetabled periods. It's easy to get confused in the cut and thrust of the day!

The new calculations are very welcome - are the user templates section up and running yet - I've not seen it?

I've just got a couple of questions regarding the new calculations...

Is it currently possible to place insert a 'percentage' column to keep a running total of attendance % out front on a grade book as opposed to the internal one on the students' data page.

For example...

On my attendance grade book I have an absences column (counts 'X' icons - thanks for that by the way!), and a total lessons column (counts all icons). I'm trying to work out a way to have a running percentage column in there as well. Is this currently possible?

I have percentages elsewhere on my mark book page but these work off a custom grade type that knows what the test is scored out of. In the above example it would need to work off the 'total number of lessons' column in order to know what the max number was. If that makes sense!

At any rate there's a lot of quality work gone into this update - congratulations! I've just completed my performance management project on education Apps and I gave iDoceo a glowing review! I've pointed a number of new users your way and will continue to spread the word :)

All the best,

Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3749 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Percentages - Possible?
Hi Brett,
Glad to have you back in the forum.

Would be great to manually name these periods though e.g for Registration, break, lunch. etc so that the iDoceo periods correspond to my timetabled periods. It's easy to get confused in the cut and thrust of the day!

Yup. You're not the first to ask for this. Count on it.

The new calculations are very welcome - are the user templates section up and running yet - I've not seen it?

Its running but we're not receiving templates yet (at least not in english...) . I guess everyone's now worried about configuring their own. We'll see how that turns out later on.
All templates should be found in the main screen / Add / Add online template option.

On my attendance grade book I have an absences column (counts 'X' icons - thanks for that by the way!), and a total lessons column (counts all icons). I'm trying to work out a way to have a running percentage column in there as well. Is this currently possible?

It makes sense, but it can't be done yet. At least not without changing the grade type you need now for other operations. We'll keep working on this after we gather some additional feedback on these new operations.
I'm still trying to keep calculations at a reasonable complexity level without getting into traditional Excel formulas!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.