Regarding iDoceo, our app for iPhone, iPad and Mac
All data is stored locally in the user´s iPhone/iPad/Mac and nowhere else unless you manually enable the synchronization or backup features.
By default, there are no cloud, external servers or websites with your data.
No one else has access to the information stored in iDoceo and no data is transferred anywhere without the user´s explicit request (i.e. sending a report, an e-mail, enabling device synchronization or backups)
This also means that iDoceo, by default, won´t sync with other devices, a Mac, iPhone , the web or any other iPad unless you enable the device synchronization option under Settings > Cloud links
iDoceo's data in your device is not included in Apple's automatic cloud or iTunes backups.
We value your privacy above all. We do not ask for, keep or collect any user credentials or any other kind of data.
• the identity and address of our company
iDoceo Studios Ltd.
125 St, James Road
Southampton, SO15 5QF
If you have any queries or questions that are not explained in this document
you should contact us by e-mail: privacy (at) idoceo.net
• Purposes for which data will be usedOur company does not have access to, manages, stores or uses any of the data introduced in the iDoceo app.
• Possible transfer of data to third parties and their identity, as well as the purpose for which they are assignedWe do not have access to, manage, handle or keep any of the data inserted in the iDoceo application. Additionally, our company does not establish any kind of data transfer with third parties.
• Rights that assist the holders of the dataThose established between student/legal guardian and their teacher or educational school.
• Location of data and their conservation periodsData is located and stored in the user's iPhone,iPad or Mac. The conservation period is only determined by him and/or his school/college/IT department.
• Security measures provided by the applicationIn addition to the operating system's login credentials, iDoceo have its own screen lock PIN or fingerprint/face Id (biometric credentials managed by iOS/Apple). Can be enabled under Settings > Screen lock
Automatic data encryption at rest on the iPad/iPhone via iOS
iOS sandboxing. No other app installed in the iPad has access to iDoceo's data
• Possible accesses that the app makes to personal data stored in the device or its sensorsThe app does not access any sensor or personal data stored in the iPad or iPhone without the explicit consent of the user.
Any possible data access is completely optional and is not required for the proper operation of the iDoceo app.
The optional accesses are the following:
iDoceo app access to contacts requires user consent and is limited to the 'Import contacts' option.
The 'Import contacts' feature has been removed in iDoceo 7.0.20 and following versions.
The access of the iDoceo app to the images stored on the device requires the user's consent and is limited to options related to 'Adding images from camera roll'
iDoceo app access to the device's camera requires user consent and is limited to the 'Add photo' options
iDoceo app access to calendar events requires user consent and is limited to diary and planner options
The access of the iDoceo app to the microphone of the device requires the consent of the user and is limited to the option 'Record audio'
You can review the activation of these accesses at any time in:
For iPad in iPad Settings > iDoceo or in iPad Settings> Privacy
For Mac in Mac System preferences > Privacy
For iPhone in iPhone Settings > iDoceo or in iPhone Settings> Privacy
• regarding backups and their storageBackups of iDoceo are optional and are only manually activated by the user. They are not required for the proper functioning of the application.
If they are deemed necessary, we recommend using the school/college/district's servers with the Backup option in WebDAV and thus avoid storing it in a third party cloud provider.
Backups are encrypted.
Regarding our website's forum
Collection of personal data
As part of the registration in iDoceo's Forum, the e-mail address of the user will necessarily be stored in the system and linked to the self-chosen username.
The provision of real names and other personal data is not required and is done on a voluntary basis by the user.
For the handling of support requests we collect a username which is associated with his or her e-mail address.
Use of Login Data
The information we collect is stored on the server in a database using secure standards and only used for communication within the system, as well as for support requests to contact the user if required.
The data will not be disclosed to third parties.
Cookies and Other Technologies
iDoceo stores cookies on the visitor’s computer to allow them to keep their session while using the forum. Thus, the data for the visitor counting and automatic login to iDoceo's Forum is used.
If you don’t wish to allow this, please disable cookies in your browser.
Our website uses plugins from the YouTube website. The operator of the pages is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
As soon as you start a YouTube video on our website, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. The YouTube server is informed which of our pages you have visited. If you are logged into your YouTube account, you enable YouTube to assign your surfing behavior directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
Furthermore, YouTube can save various cookies on your device after starting a video. With the help of these cookies, YouTube can receive information about visitors to our website. This information is used, among other things, to collect video statistics, improve user-friendliness and prevent attempted fraud. The cookies remain on your device until you delete them.
If necessary, further data processing operations can be triggered after the start of a YouTube video, over which we have no influence.
YouTube is used in the interest of an appealing presentation of our online offers. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
You can find more information about data protection at YouTube in their data protection declaration at: https://policies.google.com/privacy .