Average Text Grade Linked to Average Percentage

• kbeadle
11 years 11 months ago #198 by kbeadle
Hi,

Just getting used to the app, and I've set up a column that creates an average percentage based off of a series of tests my class did.

What I'd really like to do is have the following column be a text grade (a-e) that is automatically selected based off of the average in the previous column. Is this possible?

kbeadle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #199 by bert
Hi kbeadle,
Yes, it is possible. I'll provide an articleexplaining how to do it, in case someone else has the same requirement.
You probably managed to obtain the average column and you only want this additional one with a text grade.
I'm guessing (correct me if I'm wrong) that you used the generic grade type (the default one) on your columns. Here are the steps:

- First, create a numeric grade type with maximum at 100 and minimum at 0 and save it. Lets call it 0-100

- Then apply this new grade type to all your columns (tap&hold on a header, edit, and select grade type) . Once you've done it with all your columns, your averages should be like before.

- Now the final step , add a column , with a CALCULUS editor and select the grade type you need (i.e. Text grade from A to F with your own weights). Edit the calculations for this column and select for it the single column holding the average. Save it , and voilá , you should have your text grade.

I'll explain it with a bit more detail and images but let me know how it worked for you.
Thanks for contacting us.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by bert.

• kbeadle
11 years 11 months ago #200 by kbeadle
Thankyou!

That worked perfectly, many thanks for the quick reply.

More
11 years 11 months ago #201 by bert
Glad it worked.
We've added the article here explaining how to do it. There is a note at the end, under expert's tip you might find useful. I suppose you actually need both columns, but read it just in case.

Regards