Feature addition or I do not know how to do it

More
11 months 1 week ago #30901 by ajacksonjr52
Look at the file  I have attached.  I created a rubric.  It is a simple 4 by 4 rubric.  The difference is that the final row's boxes have higher point values than the first three rows.  Is there an option in iDoceo to do this for each category's boxes or it does not exist yet?  I only know how to create a basic rubric in iDoceo that the numbers go across the top headings of each column.  

Please help.  If it does not exist, Please make it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 6 days ago #30902 by bert
Hello.
 You can achieve this configuration in many ways.
 Disable the 'same weight on all rows' option and assign 40% on the lowest row and 20% to the rest.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ajacksonjr52

More
11 months 6 days ago #30903 by ajacksonjr52
Replied by ajacksonjr52 on topic Feature addition or I do not know how to do it
How will that matter with the tip being the numbers.  I need to see an example of it working.  I’m going to try it once I get back to my office. Thank you 

More
11 months 5 days ago #30904 by ajacksonjr52
Hello?

I am lost.  I tried to create a testing rubric.  The bottom row on my picture...the category is worth double the value as the three preceding categories.  If the student masters all the categories then the total points should be out of 25.  I am not understanding how making it 40, 20, 20, 20 will make it out of twenty-5.  The masters being worth 5 points, it comes out to be 20.  The last row's values need to be 10, 8, 6, and 4.  The previous categories are 5, 4, 3, and 2.
Plus I have tried it the percentage weights, and it does change the value.  I just need each category square worth something.

iDoceo, could you make it an option to make the category slots different values as in the picture below?
Attachments:

More
11 months 5 days ago #30905 by ajacksonjr52
Hello Bert,

I had to play with it.  I had to remove the weighted value and leave it on simple addition.  The bottom row had to be 50% while the others had to 25% percent. In the masters column, it had to add up to 25 which equals 100.  I am not understanding how 125% can get these numbers.  I think i will be a lot easier to add an option for rubrics to provide each acquire in column its own point value.

For example 

Masters.              Meets.             Approaches.              Need improvement
Reearch.         5.                        4.                       3.                                  2
Clarity.             5.                        4.                       3.                                  2
Organize.        5.                        4.                       3.                                  2
Instructions.    10.                       8.                       6.                                  4

This is what I need.  It will make  much easier to make a rubric where the rows have different values.

IS this possible?   But here is also what I did for the current rubric.
Attachments:

More
11 months 5 days ago #30906 by bert
As I mentioned the solution is already there, just assign weights 40%, 20%, 20%, 20% and this configuration below.
Rest assured that me developing what you suggest is incredibly more expensive and difficult than using
this settings below. They are meant for what you need already.

Attachments:

More
11 months 4 days ago #30907 by ajacksonjr52
First, allow me to thank you for time and effort to explain and show me.  

Second, thank you again because i am going to test this out.  I did not see that feature and did not understand how to use.  

Finally, Mr. Bert, thank you for patience.  I truly love this program.  I used to use another program and when I found this one and felt it was more robust, I tell all of teacher buddies, no matter which country I am in, to get it.

Thank you!

More
11 months 4 days ago #30908 by bert
Thank you!
If you do not get the resutls you need please do not hesitate post

More
11 months 3 days ago #30911 by ajacksonjr52
Hello Bert,

My fear came from having to adjust their percentages.  Another rubric I had needed more rows and I was struggling how to create it properly.  I was using the same settings but realize I had to delete what I had created and start over for the percentages to adjust to the table.  It works wonderfully and smoothly.  Thank you again for your time and effort.  I now have what I need to complete my grading!!!!