Assignment Template??

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #3648 by BethJahn
Assignment Template?? was created by BethJahn
I use the same assignment column in every class. The only difference is the date. Is it possible to set up a template so that it is as quick to set up this assignment as it is to do attendance? I have twelve 25 minutes classes each day with no passing time in between, so the quicker I can do everything, the better off I am. :)

Edited to add: This is a participation grade, so that's why it's the same assignment for each class each day.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by BethJahn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3653 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Assignment Template??
Templates are meant at the moment as whole grade book configurations.
Noted !
The following user(s) said Thank You: BethJahn

More
10 years 7 months ago #3655 by Kathleen
Replied by Kathleen on topic Assignment Template??
Hi :)

I wanted to do the same thing and am playing with a workaround at the moment by creating an "extra" class period in which I've made a library of bogus assignments with the settings I want, then copying them to the desired *real* group/class and adjusting the date. (Or adjusting the date in the bogus section *before* I copy it, if I'm copying the assignment to several groups on the same day.

I hope that makes sense.

If I remember correctly from another post, you want to have all the students start off with a full five points for participation... Don't know if that would transfer automatically with my workaround, but the rest of the settings seem to so far.

I'm new to iDoceo this year, discovered it at the end of last school year, and am hoping, like you, that it will allow me to get things done quickly in my very charged schedule (although now that I've heard *your* schedule, I guess I'll stop bemoaning my situation! LOL).

More
10 years 7 months ago #3659 by BethJahn
Replied by BethJahn on topic Assignment Template??
Kathleen, thanks for weighing in. The "dummy" class workaround may help until something is added in future update. Good thinking.

My schedule is insane this year. I'm surviving so far, but I have to be ultra organized or we waste precious time.

What do you teach?

I'm an even newer newbie. I just discovered iDoceo about a week and a half ago. I'm convinced its the miracle cure. I was trying to use a bunch of different apps (plus had random papers flying around) to do everything that iDoceo will do all in one place.