A way to hide or delete students from seating plan

More
5 years 6 months ago #7610 by ejsnash
Is there a way to hide or delete students from a seating plan? I am a specials teacher who sees half a class at a time. I can filter them by group in but to do that daily for 6 classes is tedious and messes up the arrangement. I can't just create a separate class for each because it becomes messy when I need to enter their grades into our district system at the end of the marking period.

Also, is there a template or random seating arrangement that is in a semi-circle?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #7611 by bert
Hello ejsnash,
No semi-cirlce yet, only full circle but noted, I'll see what we can do.

The filter should be the best way to handle one half class at a time. Let me know the particular issues you are having with it. The filter is kept for each class even if you switch to a different one.

Warning: Spoiler!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ejsnash

More
5 years 6 months ago #7636 by ejsnash
I need to create a seating plan for only certain students in a class because I only see half a class at a time. I would create those groups as separate classes in the gradebook, but when it comes time to enter their grades in our district system, they are listed all together.
If I just drag the extra students to the corner of the seating plan, then they are still chosen if I use the random picker.
Also, is there a way to delete or re-order seating plans in the drop-down menu?
Thanks!

More
5 years 6 months ago #7646 by bert
I'll see if we can improve that in the future ejsnash. Doesn't the filter help in hiding a particular group?

The seating plans are always sorted from 1 to 10 but you can delete/reset one with a tap on Tools (top bar) > Reset seating plan.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #7671 by ejsnash
The filter does not help because every time I needed to view the full class, I'd have to keep changing the filters. That would be many times a day, every day. Also, when the filter is in use, it is filtering both the gradebook and the seating plan at the same time. When the filter is turned off, all those students come back into the seating chart. Here is a sample of what it looks like when I just have the extra students grouped in the corner.

It would be awesome to be able to create seating charts (especially using automatic grouping) based on these groups without changing the filters frequently. Please consider it for future updates. I'm sure that lots of teachers (especially elementary) would find it useful because of how often we work with small groups within a class.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by ejsnash.

More
5 years 6 months ago #7672 by bert
I'll see what we can do.
The filter on the seating plan does not affect the gradebook though.