Long list problem

More
11 years 4 months ago #2161 by Jamesb
Long list problem was created by Jamesb
I have a list of usernames and passwords for my classes to access their online homework. When importing the csv file I can't see past 231 entries. That only covers alphabetical surnames up to the letter L. Any suggestions for what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance,
Ben.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #2162 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Long list problem
Hi Ben,
There shouldn't be a problem with that list ... other than taking a few seconds more than usual to render properly (you'd just have to wait a bit).
I'm guessing there might be some special character that tricks the app into thinking the CSV is actually shorter than it really is.
If you are on a PC or a MAC , I'd suggest you to use LibreOffice ( libreoffice.org ) to open the original CSV file , check that nothing is wrong around rows 230ish and export again to CSV with these settings:
  • Character Set Unicode (UTF-8 )
  • Field Delimiter , (comma)
  • Text delimiter " (double quote)
  • 'Save cell content as shown'
LibreOffice has an excellent CSV parser/generator and it should solve it. If it doesn't , let us know and we'll give it another thought.

PS: Around 300-350 rows, there is a limited number of columns you're allowed to add before the app runs out of memory, I guess you're using this "class" for reference only, and there will only be a few columns in it.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.