iDoceo 3.5

• Mike from Cambridge
10 years 5 months ago #4089 by Mike from Cambridge
Replied by Mike from Cambridge on topic iDoceo 3.5
I think 3.0 is excellent- most of the teaching staff in my school is using it.

However, since you asked, the one thing for next update I'd love is the ability to import more file types. Our school uses 3sys to register and view classes-from the iPad it exports into a .xls file type which is not compatible with iDoceo. If we were able to export classes straight from 3sys to iDoceo next academic year without having to convert it in Excel on PC into a .csv file type first, it would eradicate one of the few remaining hurdles to perfection!
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 5 months ago #4090 by BethJahn
Replied by BethJahn on topic iDoceo 3.5
Hi Bert,

When is the next update expected? Still loving 3.0. :)

Beth
More
10 years 5 months ago #4091 by bert
Replied by bert on topic iDoceo 3.5
@Mike our next major update will improve our current XLS support, and will add XLSX. If you have a chance to send us some fake XLS generated by your software we'll make sure it works next time.
We'll keep 3sys in mind but improving XLS/XLSX is our top priority

@Beth Hi there... still too soon for a deadline, we're still working on the specs. I know your colleague needs that Beta badly!
More
10 years 4 months ago #4109 by riverer
Replied by riverer on topic iDoceo 3.5
I've had the same thing mentioned to me by two members of staff at work today.

1) A music teacher who has been recording clips of students performances using idoceo

2) a science teacher who wants to photo students work and save it in the mark book.

They both essentially want better file management, and after getting an Ipad air to replace my Ipad 2 and seeing the increase in file size for a photo (!) I'd also find it helpful.

Improvement one: When you save a photo to a student (cell in markbook or student themselves) superimpose the name of the student over the photo.

Improvement two: Save photos to an album called 'Idoceo <classname>' to help keep photos organised.

Improvement three: Add the option to save media to the cloud, then access it through idoceo as and when it was needed. This would be extremely useful as it would allow me to photograph much more student work and then when I do reports or something similar, access it through Idoceo without it eating a big chunk of device memory.
  • Bruno
10 years 4 months ago #4127 by Bruno
Replied by Bruno on topic iDoceo 3.5
bonjour à vous et, à mon tour, sans originalité, je tiens à vous féliciter pour cette appli qui me simplifie enormement la vie.

restent quelques points qui empêchent de la voir comme l'appli ultime du prof. Pour moi, la plus frustrante, c'est l'agenda, encore imparfait. J'apprécie istudiez pro et week cal HD et dans l'absolu un agenda reprenant le meilleur de ces applis serait un vrai plus : la possibilité de pouvoir regarder les notes prises pour chaque evenement directement dans l'emploi du temps semaine est tres plaisante . pas de manipulation fastidieuse, elles sont là, dans les encarts de temps, visibles, c'est tout.

est ce envisageable ?

merci a vous et, par pitié, ne fondez pas votre appli à la sauce ios 7, d'un fade désespérant.
  • Bruno
10 years 4 months ago #4129 by Bruno
Replied by Bruno on topic iDoceo 3.5
petit rajout : je sais que le journal d'idoceo permet de voir le contenu des informations laissées pour chaque cours mais ce qui manque c'est la possibilité de pouvoir visualiser sur la meme page les evenements du calendrier.
More
10 years 4 months ago #4135 by bert
@riverer you'll find the option to store in an album per class here.

In this very same screen, you'll see the option 'store images locally' which lets you choose a quality factor. Even keeping a high quality factor of 70% will represent about 60%-70% reduction in the image size.

Attachments:
More
10 years 4 months ago #4145 by bert
@bruno , quand vous pouvez, envoyez-nous un e-mail à support@idoceo.net
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #4153 by SD1138
Replied by SD1138 on topic iDoceo 3.5
Hello!

I am loving everything in your program so far!

My dream team for the next release would be:

Any way to make charts and graphs for columns and such? It would be great for generating reports to give to administration and such without just having lists of numbers.

In conjunction with that if it can be done, have a main dashboard after tapping into a class from the main screen that can graphically display things like attendance and such. Sort of like what Teacherkit does (which I do not use anymore thanks to your wonderful program!).

I will second or third the idea for a categories list to be able to group weighted scores together rather than create separate tabs/columns to get the desired data.

Lastly, and this is stretching it a little far haha, but maybe a section where I can enter data for item analysis for tests and quizzes? :) I did say it was my dream team lineup! I have yet to find a decent item analysis spreadsheet app for quantifying data from questions on tests / test questions.

Thanks!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by SD1138.
More
10 years 4 months ago #4167 by bert
Hello SD1138,

Count on those charts and graphs for our next major update along that dashboard. It is something we've been working on for some time, and it will finally see the light on this 3.5.
Those categories will take a bit longer, but we're considering it as well.
Noted your request on item analysis ... can't say we'll do it any time soon, but if you'd like to share with us what you have in mind, do not hesitate to send an e-mail at support@idoceo.net, and I'll see what we can do about it.

Regards