iDoceo 3.5

More
10 years 3 months ago #4168 by Benela
Replied by Benela on topic iDoceo 3.5
Firstly, I cannot sing iDoceo's praises enough. I started using the app at the start of this academic year, and it's no understatement to say that it's revolutionised the way I organise my classes.

Three suggestions for future versions:

1) (seconding something a member commented on earlier), it would be very useful to have a downloadable version of the manual. The internet is never there when you really need it, and having access to this offline would be a great help.

2) a calculator built in to the app. I currently find myself exiting iDoceo to work out calculations, and either have to laboriously switch from calculator to iDoceo for every grade, or find that I've been away from iDoceo for long enough that I need to restart.

3). A way to separate class grade books and attendance records, etc., into terms or trimesters.

I also hope you're not going crazy over there changing the design to match the new ios. It's lovely and pretty the way it is :p

Thanks for all your hard work! Best 6€ I've spent all year!
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 3 months ago #4170 by bert
Replied by bert on topic iDoceo 3.5
Welcome Benela,

1) I'll see what we can do about this. We keep updating the web almost on a daily basis and from our experience, PDFs tend get outdated pretty easily. We're adding videos and tutorials on many pages and a PDF file with all that info would be huge. Maybe some iBook would be a better solution.

2) Yes, this will be a nice addition, noted.

3)We try to be as flexible as possible in this matter. Creating and hiding tabs should do! Let me know if I'm missing something

PS: We'll keep working on iDoceo's looks, but not in this new (and rather dull) iOS7 direction, don't worry about it.
More
10 years 2 months ago #4218 by boglll
Replied by boglll on topic iDoceo 3.5
Hi and happy new year!
I'm an iDoceo newbie and start figuring out how using it. It seems a lot of function are useful for me but not the more important: charts and diagrams to analyse the whole class progress AND the single student profit. As I'm a supervisor for a course I have to follow 6/7 instructor on the way, and so is difficult to monitor how the students are going just having a sequel of numbers... (Improving, going down, being stationary). In addition, a specific diagram is helpful for me: the Kiviat diagram, as I can easily identify (and show to students) weaknesses and strongness. At present I was able to find only 1 (!) app to do this, called spiderchart, is quite good in the result but hard to settle down and no data exchange with others app (no import...). I'm working around in order to have diagrams (but no Kiviat...) filtering student by student, exporting to numbers, creating the chart, then send back to iDoceo but is really time consuming! If I could create all my charts/diagrams directly inside iDoceo will be perfect!
Hope in 3.5 you put something to help me!
Best regards
Gigi
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #4259 by Nenuial
Replied by Nenuial on topic iDoceo 3.5
Hi Bert,
I recently joined a website that offers lesson planning called www.commoncurriculum.com
I found the general structure of the "Long Range Planner" quite useful to have a good overview and I find it really helps to plan ahead. Maybe you are already working on something in this direction but I thought I'd share this anyway.
I would find it really great if we could have some planner function that would allow for something like this "overview" panel.

Again, thanks for the amazing work you are doing. Your app is the best!
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Nenuial.
More
10 years 1 month ago #4353 by dkk
Replied by dkk on topic iDoceo 3.5
One thing I would like to see is full Bluetooth keyboard support; for the moment it only works with text fields
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #4366 by Sirdec
Replied by Sirdec on topic iDoceo 3.5
Je souhaiterais voir une amélioration sur les plans de classe.

Idocéo permet de faire des groupes de 2 ou 3 aléatoirement mais j'aimerais qu'il puisse faire aussi des groupes de 4 ou plus.
J'aimerai aussi qu'Idocéo puisse faire des groupes en tenant compte des absences ou élèves dispensés du jour par exemple. Il suffirai de choisir les critères que l'on veut (par exemple,les présents....), puis le nombre de personnes par groupe souhaité (2,3,4 ou 5) puis de laisser faire Idocéo pour faire des groupes.

Cette fonction serait très utile pour des disciplines où les élèves ne sont pas dans une classe mais sur un terrain de sport par exemple comme en Education Physique et sportive.

merci
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Sirdec.
More
10 years 3 days ago #4445 by digital_biscuit
Replied by digital_biscuit on topic iDoceo 3.5
Hi

I am loving iDoceo 3. Biggest new thing for me was the bulk import of photos, saves a lot of time.

Features I would like to see in 3.5

- If i have the same class on the same day, I cannot add different notes to each lesson in the planner

- It would be great if I could edit the contents of the ruler so I had my favorite shortcuts there.

- Would be nice to be able to default to my planner instead of my classes when I load idoceo

- Would be nice to add free's, lunch, breaks, after and before school to my planner without having to create a class for them

- I have a column which should minus the contents of one column from another, but every time I reload the app, the minus symbol defaults back to the plus.

- In the reports, I have added annotations to the column headers. It would be nice to include these in the reports as they would be extremely useful for parents.

- Would be great to have some sort of behaviour monitoring, like classdojo, added to the seating plan.

- Bulk reporting, can the emails be automatically sent instead of me having to click send on each email?

- Seating plan - bulk move of the students. They always appear in the top left, this is where I create my actual plans so I have to move them all out of the way before I can start and order them.

Sorry there is so much, but this is such a great app and I would love to see it keep improving!
More
9 years 11 months ago #4458 by houbaruda
Replied by houbaruda on topic iDoceo 3.5
Un super logiciel mais il manque:
- intégration de graphique pour analyses diverses
-Un lien pour chaque élève afin qu'il puisse visualiser sa progression ou alors un envoie du rapport personnel en un seul clic pour tous les élèves.
A suivre
More
9 years 11 months ago #4473 by bert
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to keep you updated on our progress. It's been a while since I replied to your last suggestions, going to solve this right now.

We're working around the clock on all the new features for iDoceo 3.5. However, we'll release a maintenance version before that, officially called iDoceo 3.1 . Still no deadline.

Truth be told, there won't be many interesting additions in this one. We've put a lot of work squashing bugs and redoing all the screens for iOS7.
On the other hand, the main looks of iDoceo have not changed much and we haven't gone completely flat, we still love our wood and leather stitches.

We'll post soon the full list of improvements for this next version 3.1, for starters, here are some of them:

- The planner will now accept annotations/resources on multiple periods for the same class on the same day.
- Planner supports up to 20 periods. Periods can be renamed and hidden.
- Improved reports: student, diary, planner and seating plan.
- Improved WebDAV support
- Improved XLS/XLSX grade book export
- New XLS/XLSX/CSV import wizard
- Bug fixes: camera support on iOS7, calculus - addition (when using minus symbol) and more
- a few surprises, as usual.
More
9 years 11 months ago #4510 by bert
Hi digital_biscuit,

I've added your requests to our to-do list.
Some can be done already, and others are planned for a later release, here some comments:

- If i have the same class on the same day, I cannot add different notes to each lesson in the planner

Yes, this will be possible in our upcoming version 3.1

- It would be great if I could edit the contents of the ruler so I had my favorite shortcuts there.

Yes, this has to be improved. In the current version you can choose whether you want the schedule or the planner on the ruler (main screen ruler / tap on Options / main screen / show planner on ruler)

- Would be nice to be able to default to my planner instead of my classes when I load idoceo

Count on this for the 3.1 too.

- Would be nice to add free's, lunch, breaks, after and before school to my planner without having to create a class for them

You can do this already by adding a text in location and leaving the class empty. I'm aware it isn't very intuitive. The period field is required though.

- I have a column which should minus the contents of one column from another, but every time I reload the app, the minus symbol defaults back to the plus.

This one's our fault. It will be solved in 3.1

- In the reports, I have added annotations to the column headers. It would be nice to include these in the reports as they would be extremely useful for parents.

Noted.
I'd need to know if you're using the annotation field which is a small text field in the column header configuration or you're working with the annotation tab which allows more text and resources.

- Would be great to have some sort of behaviour monitoring, like classdojo, added to the seating plan.

Yes, this one is in our roadmap.

- Bulk reporting, can the emails be automatically sent instead of me having to click send on each email?

This one will be a bit more difficult to solve. We can't send e-mails without the user's consent yet, but we have a work-around in the horizon.

- Seating plan - bulk move of the students. They always appear in the top left, this is where I create my actual plans so I have to move them all out of the way before I can start and order them.

Noted!

Regards