The iPad camera can become an important part of your daily assessment tasks. You can keep track of your students progress, record evidence or send them images of your bulletin board, tomorrow's assignments, special event pictures, anything you can think of!
Photo storage, image quality and backup
By default, all images&videos are stored in your iPad's camera roll.
This means that:
- iDoceo's backups will not include images nor video
- iDoceo will need access to your iPad's camera roll. iPad settings > Privacy > Photos
- iDoceo won't be able to completely erase the images from your iPad unless you manually erase its from the camera roll
If you wish to store your images and video locally within iDoceo:
- Backup will now include images&videos and it will take longer to complete
- You will be able to choose a quality factor to reduce the size of each image&video. Images will take less space than those stored in the camera roll
- You will be able to completely erase images&videos within iDoceo.
Erasing pictures (if stored in your iPad's camera roll)
When your photos are kept in the 'Camera roll', iDoceo will not able to erase them completely within the app. You'll be able to remove them from iDoceo but they will still be kept in your iPad's 'Photos'. To completely erase your pictures, you must do it from the 'Photos' app manually.
If you do erase your pictures only from the 'Photos' app, and not from iDoceo, you'll see an empty frame in iDoceo where the image was supposed to be.
Taking pictures and Preview delay
When taking pictures, high quality images may take a few seconds to be previewed on screen. You do not need the image to be present on screen to be able to take another picture or to save it. Your picture is being stored in background.
Adding effects , crop and resize tools (if stored in your iPad's camera roll)
You'll be able to crop , resize and add effects to your pictures from the 'Photos' app. This effects will immediately refflect in iDoceo's pictures as well.
Albums (if stored in your iPad's camera roll)
Photos and videos are stored by default in an album called iDoceo. This can be changed from the iDoceo's settings (gear icon) > Image&video
Whatever the combination, photos are kept in the Camera Roll too, Albums are a more convenient way to organize your pictures but Camera Roll holds them always all together.
Exporting a single image
Tap&hold on any image in iDoceo and you'll be presented with the option to Export to another image manipulation (or any other) app.